The latest real estate stats shows that the market activity increased but inventory is still low compared to last year in some areas. Whenever you are ready to “downsize or right size” now or later the first and most important part of the process is to hire the best possible person for the job. As we watched the Olympic athletes in Socchi with awe and wonderment of their dedication, skills and prowess, one could not wonder what it takes to succeed as such a level. Believe it or not, but the same characteristics that make a gold medal Olympian can be applied to a person providing Kitsilano real estate as well. What are the common traits? How do we compare?
• Dedication Just as an athlete devotes most of his early career to learning, practicing and training, so does a Realtor have to study, train and keep up to date on all kinds of pertinent information. Most people could obtain a real estate license but very few stay full-time professionals and show dedication to core values which is taken care of his or her clients. Hire someone who knows not someone you know.
• Attitude An athlete will not succeed if he does not have a good attitude. S (h) e has to stay focused, believe in coaches and get along with multitudes of teammates. A Realtor also must maintain a positive outlook to be the best at what s(h)e does. A realtor is generous with time and energy with his clients, staking his reputation upon results.
• Communications Both athletes and Realtors must be able to listen, learn and communicate with those more knowledgeable than themselves. As success in either career brings more exposure, therefore the best of the best will keep communications with their communities and peers at a high level. Realtors believe in being direct and to the point with actions that produce results; they are highly adept in marketing, advertising and social skills.
• Continued Motivation Neither an elite athlete nor a top-level Realtor ever quits! Both strive to be the best by applying new training techniques, practicing what gives good results, and keeping an open mind to advancements. Realtors attend seminars and conferences on an on-going basis their whole careers. I just returned from 4 day conference in Las Vegas where I listen and learned from success stories like Magic Johnson, Daren Hardy and Jean Chatzky.
• Self-Confidence This is a given for any career, any business or any winner; believing in oneself and knowing that within you lies the key to be the best. I grown up poor but did not have poor dreams.
So, when you are ready to make your move hire the best (Michael Tudorie) who is backed up by the best brand in the World.
Please contact me for all of your Kitsilano real estate needs.