- Consignment Canada is a good place to sell your second-hand & new furniture, antiques, collectibles and art.
- MaxSold specializes in online downsizing & estate sale auctions.
- The Carriage House is an upscale consignment store focusing on unique, one-of-a-kind items.
- Echo’s Discontinued China & Silver specializes in buying and selling your china and silver flatware.
- Maynards Auction will sell your fine art or antiques.
- Love’s Auctions will auction your antiques, collectibles, jewelry, art, furnishing, household goods and more.
- Craigslist or Kijiji. If a garage sale or advertising doesn’t appeal to you, post your items on one of these sites.
- Pulpfiction Books, Tanglewood Books, MacLeods Books and Lawrence Books will purchase select books in good condition.
Clothing and Household Items
- Diabetes Canada Clothesline donations will help make a difference for Canadians living with diabetes.
- Developmental Disabilities Association supports individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Big Brothers of Vancouver clothing donations assist children in our community by funding life-changing mentoring programs.
- Covenant House accepts items for youth between 16-24 years old including non-perishable food, clothes, and electronics.
- Dress for Success clothing donations help women make a great impression as they enter or return to the workplace.
- My Sisters Closet, operated by the Battered Women’s Support Service, will take new and second-hand clothing.
- The Cinderella Project accepts donations of graduation-appropriate formal wear, dress shoes and accessories for young ladies and men.
- Secret Garden Tea and Neverland Tea Salon are two local High Tea Salons that often accept vintage tea cups, saucers and pots.
- Working Gear collects clean business attire and work site clothing (including work boots) for men.
- Powell Street Getaway (formerly Living Room) accepts personal care items and clothing for the homeless.
- Zanskar Ski School will take used skis, poles, boots, sunglasses, ski clothing, climbing equipment or ice-hockey skates.
- 3rd World Eye Care collects and recycles eyeglasses for the poor in the Third World.
- Vancouver Orphan Kitten Rescue (VOKRA) or BC SPCA often accepts old towels or blankets to help care for animals.
- Wildlife Thrift Store collects clothes, furniture, books and housewares.
- Vancouver Public Library will take books that are in good condition and of current interest. Friends of the Public Library accepts gently used books for fundraising book sales. Proceeds support library projects and programs. Discover Books has drop boxes across the province and reuses books whenever possible.
Your unwanted electronics can have a second life!
Tools, Arts, Crafts, Fabric
- Our Social Fabric accepts donations of textiles, fabric and sewing related supplies.
- Vancouver Tool Library (VTL) is a cooperative tool lending library that appreciates donations.
- Urban Source accepts a variety of art materials you no longer need.
Building Materials and Furniture
- Habitat for Humanity Restore accepts donations of new and gently-used home décor items and building supply materials from homeowners, contractors, and corporate donors
- Home Start Foundation will pick up your gently used furniture and donate to people in need.
- Helping Families in Need will also collect your furniture and housewares in good condition.
- Highlands United Church Shelter to Home program help people on the North Shore transition from homelessness to independent living and are in need of filling an empty home with furniture & basic household items.
- Recycling Council of BC RCBC’s “Recyclepedia” will help you find a location to recycle a variety of materials, including appliances, batteries, medications, end-of-life vehicles and more. You can also call the hotline at 604-RECYCLE.
- Return-it Depot locations provide beverage and electronics recycling.
- Freecycle.org has a mission to keep items out of landfills. As a member, you can post free items on their website.
- Metro Vancouver Transfer Stations and Landfills are a network of facilities across the region that offer waste disposal.