RE/MAX has a Bursary Program

Do you have children ready to graduate? See the information below


RE/MAX 2013 Quest for Excellence® The Quest for Excellence program is a bursary program for grade 12 students in Western Canada. It was established by RE/MAX of Western Canada to recognize the success and ongoing pursuits of Western Canadian students in regards to leadership and community contribution initiatives. Over 1,100 essays were received in the 2013 Quest for Excellence program. RE/MAX of Western Canada is pleased to award 16 deserving students a $1,000 bursary each to help further their education. RE/MAX of Western Canada would like to thank all applicants for their submissions and wish each and every one of them continued success in their own

Quest for Excellence®.


To view our 2013 Quest for Excellence® winners, click here For questions on how to apply for this program, please email


• be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident

• have lived in B.C. for 12 consecutive months immediately before the date you register the property or filed at least 2 income tax returns as a B.C. resident in the last 6 years

• have never owned an interest in a principal residence anywhere in the world at any time

• you have never received a first time home buyers' exemption or refund and the property must:

• be located in B.C.

• only be used as your principal residence

• have a fair market value of: o $425,000 or less if registered on or before February 18, 2014, or o $475,000 or less if registered on or after February 19, 2014

• be 0.5 hectares (1.24 acres) or smaller You may qualify for a partial exemption (PDF) from the tax if the property:

• has a fair market value less than: $450,000 if registered on or before February 18, 2014, or $500,000 if registered on or after February 19, 2014

• is larger than 0.5 hectares

• has another building on the property other than the principal residence If you don’t qualify because you are not a

 Canadian citizen or permanent resident, but you become one within 12 months of when the property is registered, you may apply for a refund of the tax.

No comments

Post Your Comment: